Veneers are wafer thin shells of ceramic that are bonded to the front or topical surfaces of teeth to obtain a smile transformation. They are custom-made to suit the individual requirements of each patient and are fabricated from an advanced material that almost mirrors the look and texture of the tooth enamel. Veneers versatility makes them the most trusted cosmetic dentistry procedure. They can fix an array of problems, like:
How are veneers placed?
Dental veneers can be successfully placed in two appointments and require the following quintessential steps:
1. The appointment begins with a smile design process. During this design process, you will closely work with the dentist and explain your needs and requirements. Once your dentist has a clear understanding of your smile goals, he will design a treatment plan for you. In some cases, your dentist will also give you a smile preview.
2. Once you and your dentist agree on the action plan, your dentist will prepare your teeth for receiving the veneers. A small portion of the tooth enamel (0.5 mm) will be drilled out to make room for the veneer. This is performed under the effect of local anesthesia, which makes you immune towards any kind of discomfort caused due to the procedure.
3. Immediately after the teeth are prepared, impressions of your teeth are obtained and sent to a dental laboratory. A lab technician will use these impressions to custom-fabricate a veneer for you. This takes 5-7 business days.
4. While your veneer is being custom-fabricated in a dental laboratory, a temporary veneer will be bonded to your prepared tooth so that you can go about your usual activities without extreme care.
5. You will return to your dentists office once the permanent veneer has been fabricated and sent to your dentist. The temporary veneer will be removed. The tooth's surface will be etched and the permanent custom-made veneer will be bonded permanently to the tooth's surface.
What are the advantages of veneers?
Some of the many benefits provided by veneers are:
1. Porcelain veneers are custom-fabricated using the impressions of your teeth, which ensures that the veneers match the shape, texture, and color of your natural teeth. Their tooth-colored nature makes them look natural and hard to spot by the naked eye.
2. Porcelain veneers not only solve restorative issues but also make cosmetic enhancements and give your smile a makeover. They fix mishappen, stained, and discolored teeth and take you a step closer to that Hollywood smile.
3. Porcelain is stain-resistant, which makes the veneers immune to stains and discoloration. You can enjoy a lustrous smile for many years with the help of porcelain veneers.
4. Porcelain veneers are durable and if properly cared for and maintained, they last you a lifetime.
5. Maintenance of porcelain veneers is no rocket science. You can take care of your veneers as you care for your natural teeth.
6. Placement of porcelain veneers is less invasive than many other dental procedures.
7. Porcelain veneers need zero recovery time. After your second appointment, you will notice an immediate improvement in the appearance of your smile.
8. Porcelain veneers not only improve the appearance of your smile but also your self-esteem and confidence.
We at Doan Dental use state of the art technology to systematically restore the damage and enhance your smile. With a custom treatment plan, your smile will look more youthful, lustrous and radiate health and beauty. Dr. Trung Doan has 13 years of experience under his belt and has his dedicated team to treat multiple dental issues with full-mouth reconstruction and cosmetic dentistry. Doan Dental transforms the smiles of patients living at Rancho Santa Margarita and Orange in California. Book an appointment with us at (949)713-6720 or (714) 634-8111 or visit us at 26111 Antonio Pkwy #200, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688 or at 1409 W Chapman Ave #B, Orange, CA 92868.